Monday, January 25, 2010

Putting "Country First"?

This point comes approximately 1 year or 2 too late but who cares:

You shall remember that during the dreadful campaign of 2008, the lackluster Republican Nominee, John McCain's campiagn slogan was "Country First" below a military-esque star logo.



Over time the hypocritical absurdity and audacity of McCain making "Country First" his official campiagn slogan has only become more and more apparent. It's no mystery why he choose "Country First" because McCain wanted to play up the only issue his pollsters said he did well next to Obama on: national security.

"Country First" doesn't imply as much as says and promises and proclaims, at once, that John McCain is the kind of Presidential candiate who would never put his campaign ahead of his, ya' know......country.

The kind of politician that puts "Country First" is the kind candiate who wouldn't back a policy that was bad for the country just because they think it will, say, help them win a descive amount of votes among a certain voting bloc in the Arizona, er, i mean, nation's electorate. Like those white male Republican politicians from states with large latino populations like George W. Bush who back amnesty, a policy that is terrible for America in every way, because there political guru's tell them that if they do they can gain a extra slice of the latino vote that will prove descive in the upcoming election, kinda right? This reminds me, why did John McCain go to that Hispanic Caucus luncheon immediatly following the his defeat to Barak Obama and have a breakdown grabbing the microphone to accuse latinos of "betraying" him after all the "sacrifices" he made for them. What could McCain have meant by "sacrifices"? I mean, what did he do for hispanics that sacrificied his popularity with other (more patriotic-minded)? It's a real mystery.

And ya' know, John McCain was really putting politics second and "Country First" when he picked Sara Palin to be his running mate. Because, McCain decided to put stretagic political consideration to the side and just pick the most qualfied person in America for the job of VP when he choose Palin.
Sure, McCain could've picked some airhead who Republican pollsters and campiagn gurus like Karl Rove thought would poll we and help him out with a certain segment of the populations like women or hispanics but when it came time to pick a VP nominee John said,

"I do not care, do you understand me?, I repeat, I do not care if it's not good for our campaign I've got to pick the most qualified person for the job of Vice President, someone who knows the most about the world, whose read the great philosphers and historians, whose shown a profound understanding of the issues for years, some one with not just a brillant mind, there are lots of those, but the most brillant mind, someone who doesn't just know who Martin Van Buren's Secretary of State was but knows his whole biography let alone his name and thats why I've decided to pick Sarah Palin. I know that you guys are going to say that, 'she's too cerebreal! She's too intellectual! She'll never connect, let alone, relate with the common man!' or tell me that 'She's another Adlai Stevenson!'. But, look, I'll say it one time only: Sara Palin may not be the most attractive person that we could've picked, sure she doesn't exactly have sex appeal and sure she's a little plump and sure, theres more than a few wrinkles on her brow but shes got the most brillant mind of any politician in the United States. She may not prove to be the best for me poltically, but she's the best qualified for Vice President, for 2nd in command and I'm pointing country first!...For if, god forbid, I pass while in the White House, my friends, I want to know, I want to go to bed at night knowing, that I will have left for my beloved nations sake, not some airhead Republican who looks good but who hasn't a clue who Edmund Burke is but rather the most capable and equipt and eurdite American (available to me right now) in my place, as commander and chief of the United States of America. Lets face it my friends, I am well into my 7th decade and I still have cancer that at the moment lies dormant but at any time can return and put me 6 feet deep, when I picked VP, unlike Obama, I could very well be picking my succescor as President and thus I have a duty to place politics to the side and pick Sara Palin."

No comments:

Post a Comment